I had an interesting conversation with a friend the other day:
- Her: "I didn't know you were Autistic. I thought MAYBE you had Aspergers but not full-blown Autism."
- Me: "Yeah, it's moreso with me about how I relate to my body and the world around me. Like, I can't follow directions, recognize myself in the mirror, or recognize when I'm injured."
- Her: "You seem pretty socially adept to me. Are you sure?"
- Me: "Yes. I am."
- Her: "Have you thought about getting diagnosed again?"
- Me: "Yeah. But, that's not the point. Look, I love running my blog. I love my followers. I love helping out in what little way I can. And one thing I think is nice is that I can relate to people both on and off the Spectrum. I can communicate fairly well, especially in writing. I know it's 'just on the Internet,' and I know you think it's stupid, but really? I don't care. I want to do whatever I can with my life to help people like me, and those who are worse off. I want to be able to help them be understood."